The new Nikon Z 9 mirrorless camera is now available for preorder.
It has all the bells of whistles you’d expect from Nikon’s flagship professional model, and it’s really pushing some new directions beyond the DSLR lineup.
- 45MP sensor
- 8K30p / 4K120p video in 10-bit
- Up to 20fps stills in RAW (30fps in JPG)
- fully weather-sealed
- Over 1000 RAW images fit in the burst photo buffer
- Top shutter speed of 1/32,0000 sec. (There’s no mechanical shutter at all–it’s only an electronic shutter.)
- Super-fast autofocus, calculated at 120fps to keep up with fast action
- Available for preorder at the link ($5496.95 / body only)
At the same time, Nikon has also announced some new lenses:
- NIKKOR Z 24-120 ƒ/ 4 S
- NIKKOR Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S
- NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
The S-series lenses are Nikon’s top-shelf Z-mount lenses.
With all the global supply chain issues at the moment, it’s probably best to get in the preorder queue sooner rather than later if you’re in the market for these. I’d expect the Z 9, in particular, is likely to fly off the shelves.