The Ricoh GR II is the latest in a long line of compact cameras that stretches back to pre-digital days. They’ve always been something of a niche offering, not going for mass market appeal. They’ve been designed more as the kind of thing a pro photographer might keep in her bag as a small, convenient backup that still manages to take great photos. They don’t have all the bells and whistles of some cameras, but they do put an emphasis on image quality and the availability of manual controls.
Like its immediate predecessor, the GR, the GR II has a 16.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and no optical low-pass filter. It has a fixed 28mm f/2.8 lens. There’s a macro button that allows you to shoot close-ups. You can also screw on an external lens to get a wider angle.
I’ve been shooting with the GRII for a while and will posting a belated review soon. It’s one of those cameras that’s just so easy to throw in your pocket to have with you all the time. To complement the review, here’s a collection of sample images. They’re shot under different conditions and of different types of scenes.
For the most part, they were shot in RAW, and generally with the aperture priority mode. They’ve been processed in Lightroom, generally with minimal editing.
I’ve included the exposure settings below each shot, and you can click on each image to open a full-resolution version.
Sample Photos Taken with a Ricoh GRII
- Battery Life(Approximately) 320 shots for Still image or 190 minutes for Playback or 45 minutes for...
- The GR II comes equipped with Wi Fi functions for wireless connection with mobile devices such as...
Popular Accessories for the Ricoh GR II
- Compatibility: The metal thumbs up grip is designed for Ricoh GR II
- Convenience: Just slide this grip into the hot shoe, it will make you comfortable and easy to hold the...
- Your Expert Shield comes pre-cut to the size of this screen.
- Your Expert Shield comes with a no bubble guarantee.
- COMPATIBILITY: Specifically designed for GR II, made of real glass of 0.3mm thickness, which can...
- 9H HARDNESS: Made of high hardness material, after tempered steel processing, the hardness of surface up...
- Fits a camera (with lens) up to 113 x 66 x 39mm / 4.4" x 2.6" x 1.5" (W x H x D), specially designed for...
- 2 extra pockets for carrying your battery, memory card or card reader
- Includes two (2) Wasabi Power DB-65 batteries made with Premium Grade A cells, each with 3.6V, 1400mAh
- Includes one (1) Wasabi Power Mini Rapid A/C Charger for DB-65
Images and product information from Amazon Product Advertising API were last updated on 2019-09-21 at 23:29.