If you’re after a photography shirt for yourself or for a gift for a photographer here are some ideas. Some are quirky, some are funny, some are meta, and some are cute, but they’re mostly just fun.
I’ve chosen some of my favorites and skipped the endless “I shoot people” variations and others that can be, well, creepy. So here are some of my favorites. Most of these are available in a variety of sizes and colors and in men’s, women’s, and unisex styles. And they often come in different shirt designs, from t-shirts to long-sleeve shirts. There are also some cute ones available for kids.
I’ve recently come across some great classic photography t-shirts from a company called Analog Artifact. I’ll add some below soon; in the meantime, you can find their range here.
If I can’t take my camera I’m not going
For those bitten hard by the bug.
- This photography design makes an awesome idea for people who like photography. Whether you are an amateur...
- This If I Can't Take My Camera I'm Not Going design is for a photography enthusiast who loves snapping...
You can find them at Amazon.
We Sell Kodak Film
You used to see this sign everywhere, even in the most remote places. But it’s now from a bygone era. Please note that this one is an official Kodak product, not one of the many unlicensed variations out there. I wear this one myself–love it.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Kodak sells these through their store on Amazon.
Camera at the Ready
There’s a bunch of variations on this theme, with different cameras and different levels of stylization. There are even kids’ versions (see below).
You can find them at RedBubble.
Stolen Camera at the Ready
A fun twist on the one above.
You can find these at RedBubble.
Camera at the Ready: Kids Version
For the photographer-in-training. I got this one for my son–looks great.
These are on Amazon.
Eat Sleep Shoot
You can find it at Etsy.
It’s Not the Camera But Who’s Behind It
You can find it at Redbubble.
Going Full Manual
Photographers will recognize it immediately. Others might need longer.
- Celebrate your photography skills with this cool design showing a camera mode switch set to "Manual"....
- Relaxed, tailored and ultra-comfortable short-sleeve t-shirt. You'll love the way you look in this...
You can find them at Amazon.
You can get them at Amazon.
Beware of the Photographer
Either harmless fun or, if you’ve been hassled unnecessarily by security for taking perfectly innocuous photos from public land–and these days, who hasn’t at some point?–it can easily take on a more sarcastic tone.
These are by one of RedBubbble’s designers.
Evolution of the Photographer
You can find these photography shirts at Etsy.
Sunny 16 Rule
Before auto exposure and aperture priority and shutter priority and auto ISO, there was the sunny 16 rule. Photographers should get it, although I’m not sure how many others will.
Another one that’s available through RedBubble.
Old School Camera
For those who like vintage.
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our...
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of...
Find them at Amazon.
Another Vintage Look
- This cool vintage facts photography t-shirt is the perfect gift for any photographer (professional or...
- If you look for a cool photographer gift or great retro photography shirts - with our photographer...
If It Involves a Camera and Coffee, Count Me In
Life’s little pleasures.
Available at RedBubble.
Find them at Etsy.
Trust me, I’m a photographer
18% Gray Card
Turn yourself into a walking, talking 18% gray card and never again be caught guessing the exposure.
One that’s instantly recognizable to those who speak photography.
Real Women Shoot Raw
There’s also a “real men” version.
Retro Capturing Light
If you remember Polaroids…
- 100% Cotton Unisex Tagless T-shirt
- Comfortable Modern Fit Wash Inside out with cold water
For the globe-trotting photographer.
What the F-Stop
Not quite naughty.
Stop Taking Selfies
We’ve all thought it, but this if for those who don’t mind stirring the pot.
Please, No Flash Photography
Because no-one looks good with full-frontal flash.
Images and product information from Amazon PA-API were last updated on 2021-12-06 at 20:02. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.