Washington’s weather is best known for being hot and humid in summer, but the region also gets a good dose of each of the other three seasons. But a decent winter snowfall creates havoc for the area’s legions of commuters and it forces many schools to close, but it also transforms the National Mall, its monuments, and other Washington landmarks like the White House into a winter wonderland.
Photos of Washington DC in the Snow
Check out more high resolution photos of Washington DC in the snow.
Guidebooks for The United States
If you're looking for a guidebook to make the most of your visit, these are some of the most popular ones currently for The United States. Some are available in both paper and e-book formats.
- Lonely Planet Eastern USA
- Lonely Planet, Karla Zimmerman, Amy C Balfour, Adam Karlin, Zora O'Neill, Kevin Raub, Regis St Louis,...
- Soft cover. 496 pages. Covers 59 national parks.
- 300 photographs. 80 colorful maps. Park descriptions & brief history.
- Lonely Planet New England s Best Trips
- Lonely Planet, Gregor Clark, Carolyn Bain, Mara Vorhees, Benedict Walker
- DK Travel
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Southwest USA National Parks
- DK Travel