If you want spare batteries and chargers or need to replace a dying one, the obvious choice is to get the Nikon-branded replacement batteries. And while that's a safe way to go, there are also options with some other features that you (and your wallet) might prefer.
So here's a quick rundown of different battery and charger options that work well with the Nikon D3400, including Nikon original versions and some good options from other manufacturers.
Nikon D3400 Batteries
Obviously, Nikon has their own, and they're the ones that they recommend. But I've also found some of the more affordable aftermarket versions to work well, particularly the Wasabi Power ones. I've used their batteries for several years in other cameras and found them to be one of the better aftermarket camera battery manufacturers. Watson also makes some, although at 1150mAh, they're rated for slightly less than the Nikon originals.
D3400 Battery Chargers
There are a few different varieties of battery chargers for the Nikon D3400, ranging from the simple, single-battery AC charger provided by Nikon to dual-bay USB chargers from aftermarket manufacturers. Here's a quick rundown of the options.
As always, Nikon recommends using their own branded products, but there are also other good options from other manufacturers.
Something I prefer is to have chargers that use the USB standard. That saves me having to carry around a bunch of different AC adapters whenever I travel (I like to travel light). It also means that I can charge my camera batteries from an external powerbrick even while I'm out and about taking photos.NiteCore UNK1 USB charger. It has two bays, one for the EN-EL14/a and another for the EN-EL15/a batteries like the ones the Nikon D810 takes. If you're only using the D3400, you'll only be using one of these bays. It also has a small LED screen that shows a more precise percentage for charging status as well as battery health and the current flowing. It's smaller and lighter than the official Nikon MH-24 charger and can be powered via USB by an external powerbank, AC charger, or in the car. I have a detailed review of it here.
If access to AC power isn't a problem, I'm a big fan of these dual-chargers because you can mix and match adapter plates for different types of batteries. Since I use a range of different cameras, it means I can cut down on the overall bulk by taking the one charger and a few lightweight and inexpensive adapter plates. Or you can, of course, charge two batteries of the same type together. It also has an LED screen that gives a more precise indication of the charging status--something I find very handy when I'm trying to head out the door and want a sense of how long the charge is likely to take.
The main charger acts as a docking base. Here's a direct link for the adapter plates for the Nikon D3400's EN-EL14/a batteries.
Images and product information from Amazon Product Advertising API were last updated on 2019-03-26 at 10:28.
Popular Accessories for the Nikon D3400
- Battery Type:Li-ion, Voltage: 7.4V Capacity: 1500mAh
- Package includes 2 batteries and 1 dual USB charger with LCD display to power your Nikon EN-EL14 battery
- Great for compact-to-midrange point-and-shoot digital cameras and camcorders
- Twice As Fast As Ordinary SDHC Cards, Allowing You To Take Pictures And Transfer Files Quickly
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format - 44 degree
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Supports Wireless Master Function
- Supports Wireless Slave Function, fully supports YN560-TX, RF-603, RF-602 Wireless transmitter
- The weight of the tripod (include the ball head) is only 2.99lbs,much lighter than 4 cans drinks(300mL)....
- The tripod combines practical and portability factors,with the maximum height (without center column) of...