To charge the Canon Rebel T7 battery, you’ll need to take the battery out of the camera and use the battery charger that came with the camera.
Unlike many other cameras, you can’t charge the battery in the camera by connecting a USB power source–the USB port on the T7 is purely for data, not power.
If you need a replacement for the battery charger (or the battery, for that matter), there are model numbers and suggestions below.
Canon Rebel T7 Battery
The model number of the Canon Rebel T7 battery is LP-E10.
It’s a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that’s rated at 860 mAh. The Rebel T7 comes with one as standard.
It’s the same battery that several other popular Canon camera models use, so they tend to be quite widely available. 1
If you’re after a replacement or spare, you can get the official Canon version. If you want to play it safe, the official version is the safest version and the one guaranteed by Canon itself. The catch is that they come with a premium price tag.
You can also find aftermarket versions of the LP-E10 from other manufacturers. They’re often significantly cheaper, and many aftermarket batteries work well. But quality control can vary with lesser-known brands, so it’s best to try to stick to those that have good reviews from other users.
- LP-E10 Li-ion Battery for Canon EOS Rebel T3, T5, T6, T7, Kiss X50, Kiss X70, T100, EOS 1100D, EOS 1200D,...
- Battery Specifications - Energy Storage Capacity: 1100mAh /Voltage: 7.4 volts/ WH: 8.1Wh - New fully...
Some of these spare batteries come with their own dual charger dock included. And something I like about these is that they’re often USB charging docks, which greatly expands the options for charging the battery, especially when you’re on location or traveling.
- 【FULLY COMPATIBLE】Replacement Battery Pack and Charger for Canon LP-E10,LC-E10,LC-E10C,LC-E10E.100%...
- 【HIGH CAPACITY & QUALITY】Premium cells create quality batteries. 1200mAh High capacity bring you...
This is the guidance that Canon provides in the manual:
It takes approx. 2 hours to fully recharge a completely exhausted battery at room temperature (23°C / 73°F). The time required to recharge the battery will vary greatly depending on the ambient temperature and the battery’s remaining capacity.
For safety reasons, recharging in low temperatures (6°C – 10°C / 43°F – 50°F) will take longer (up to approx. 4 hours).
There are two official chargers.
- LC-E10 plugs directly into the wall. The prongs are attached to the charger and fold out.
- LC-E10E comes with a power cable in place of the attached prongs. But it tends to be harder to find in stores.
- More for the money with this high quality ProductOffers premium quality at outstanding savingExcellent...
Both are switching chargers, which means you can use them in foreign countries, anywhere from 100V to 240V. But when you’re traveling abroad, you might still need to use an international adapter (it will depend on which countries you’re visiting, and I’m referring here to a standard plug adapter).
Again, there are plenty of aftermarket versions. They can offer three advantages:
- They can be much cheaper. They’re often sold as a pack with the batteries as well, making them especially good value.
- Several are dual battery chargers, meaning that you can charge two batteries at once.
- Some can charge from a USB power source, which increases flexibility when charging on location or when traveling.
As with aftermarket batteries (or any aftermarket electronics, for that matter), quality control can vary with no-name brands.
Powering a Canon Rebel T7 with External AC Power
You can run your Rebel T7 from external AC power using an ACK-E10 AC adapter and DC Coupler Kit.
These accessories don’t come with the camera as standard, so you’ll need to pick them up separately.
There are also aftermarket versions that can be much cheaper.
- [COMPATIBLE WITH:] This ACK E10 CA-PS700 external power adapter kit for Canon EOS Rebel T7 T3 T5 T6, Kiss...
- [STEPS FOR USAGE:] First Remove original the Canon LP E10 battery, Replace with TKDY DR E10 virtual...
These are often sold in different configurations. Some are kits that include everything you need to get going. But you can also buy the parts individually if you prefer (or if those are more readily available at your preferred camera retailer).
The most typical parts you’ll want for running your T7 from AC power are a CA-PS7000 AC Adapter and a DC Coupler DR-E10. (Note: these are the component parts, sold individually, that are included in the ACK-E10+Coupler kit mentioned at the top of this section. It’s often cheaper to buy them as a kit.)
- Compatible with Rebel T6, T5, T3
- Package Dimensions: 8.4 H x 2.7 L x 6.5 W (centimeters)
Things Worth Knowing About Charging a Canon Rebel T7
- If you plan to put the camera aside for an extended period without using it, it’s best to remove the battery.
- When the battery is in the camera, there’s a small drain on it even when the camera is powered off. So be sure to top up the battery before going out to shoot.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries have a finite life expectancy. If the battery starts running out very quickly even after you’ve charged it, it’s time to get a replacement.
Which battery does the Canon Rebel T7 use?
The Canon Rebel T7 uses the LP-E10 battery.
Does the Canon Rebel T7 come with a battery?
In the standard configuration, the Canon Rebel T7 comes with one LP-E10 rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
How long does it take to charge the Canon Rebel T7 battery?
From fully depleted, it takes roughly two hours to fully charge the LP-E10 battery on the LC-E10 charger in normal temperatures. It takes longer in lower temperatures.
Can you charge the battery while it’s inside the Canon Rebel T7 camera?
To charge the Canon Rebel T7’s battery, you need to remove the battery from the camera and charge it with the LC-E10 external charger (it comes with the camera). The USB port on the Rebel T7 is for data transfer only and won’t transmit power for charging.
Does the Canon Rebel T7 come with a battery charger?
The Canon Rebel T7 comes standard with an LC-E10 external battery charger.
- The LP-E10 is the same battery used by the Canon EOS Rebel T3, T5, and T6. Note that the Canon EOS Rebel T7i uses a different battery–the LC-E17–that is not compatible with the T7.
Images and product information from Amazon PA-API were last updated on 2022-03-05 at 20:12. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.